Washed with Tears
Simon, the Pharisee, invited Jesus to come to his house for dinner. In those days, Simon should have welcomed Jesus to his house with a kiss and then washed his feet, but he did not do that. During the meal a sinful woman came into Simon’s house and washed Jesus’ feet with her tears and dried them with her hair.
Read the story from Luke 7:36-50 or “Washed With Tears” from The Jesus Storybook Bible on pages 280-285.
- What was the name of the Pharisee who invited Jesus to come to his house to eat?
- Who washed Jesus’ feet when Jesus was at Simon, the Pharisee’s house?
- How did the woman wash Jesus’ feet?
- Why did the sinful woman wash Jesus’ feet?
- What does it mean to be forgiven?
- Who did Jesus say was forgiven?
- How are we forgiven?
- How do we know we are forgiven?
- How can we show God how much we love Him?
The woman knew that Jesus was God’s Son. She knew that He could wash away her sins. When she came to Him and said she was sorry for all the bad things she had done, Jesus forgave her and made her heart clean. She changed her ways, too. She did not want to do wrong anymore. She wanted to live a clean life and do what Jesus would do. We also need forgiveness and the good news is that when we ask God for forgiveness, He forgives us and takes away our sins.
What about you? Is there anything that you need to ask God to forgive you for?
Dear God, thank you God for forgiving me and taking away my sins. Amen
- Colouring page – Link to page
- Pre-School story – Link to page